GENERAL RULES2017 Coronado Flower Show
The 2017 Annual Coronado Flower Show, “Our Family Tree…Out on a Limb”, is a Standard Flower Show and conforms to the standards and objectives of the National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC) as stated in the Handbook for Flower Shows, 2007 edition with corrections (Handbook) as published in The Natural Gardener. The schedule is the law of the show and all entries must conform to it.
- EXHIBITORS – Competition is open to any amateur gardener or designer. There is no fee to enter. All Design Division entries require pre-registration.
- LIABILITY – The Coronado Floral Association will not assume liability for loss of or damage to any entry or container. Personal property must be properly identified.
- SINGLE ENTRY – No exhibitor will be permitted more than one entry in each class. Exceptions: (1) The Horticulture Division, one entry of each variety may be entered; (2) The Orchid Section, more than on entry of each variety; and (3) The Bonsai Section, more than on entry of each variety.
- FRESH PLANT MATERIALS – Emphasis is on fresh plant materials. No artificial plant material is permitted in any Division. Flora on the California Garden Clubs Conservation List may be used only in the special exhibits division and must have been lawfully collected and grown by the exhibitor.
- HOURS FOR ENTRIES – Entries must be received on Friday, April 7 from 4:00 – 6:00 pm, and Saturday, April 8 from 7:00 – 9:00 am. All entries must be picked up on Sunday, April 9 at 4:00 pm, except for roses and cut flowers, which will be sold.
- JUDGING – The exhibit areas must be cleared by 9:00 am on Saturday, April 8. Judging will begin promptly at 9:30 am. The NGC standard system of awards will be used for all competitive judging. Only one first place (blue) ribbon with a score of 80+; and one or more honorable mention (white) ribbons with a score of 75+ may be awarded in each class or subclass (Handbook, pg. 5). Decisions of the judges shall be final and awards may be withheld if not merited. All entries will be judged in accordance with the standards stated in the Handbook pgs. 41-45. The Flower Show Chair and Division Chairs shall be present during the judging.
- AWARDS – Award presentation will be on Sunday, April 9 from 2:30 – 3:30 pm at the bandstand. Only printed certificates will be awarded to winners.
- SHOW HOURS – The Show will be open to the public on Saturday, April 8 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm and on Sunday, April 9 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- PETS – No pets are allowed inside the Flower Show or in Spreckels Park (City of Coronado Municipal Code, Title 32-Animal Regulations). This regulation includes pets on leash, in baskets, and carried. Owner must have documentation for Service Dogs and be prepared to show it. NO PETS ALLOWED.
For General Rules pertaining to each Division and Section please visit those Division and Section pages.