SPECIAL EXHIBITS GENERAL INFORMATION
- The purpose of educational exhibits is to instruct and inform the public on the goals and objectives of the National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- These exhibits may reflect any phase of garden club work or other areas of community interest.
- Plants on the California Garden Clubs, Inc. conservation list must have been lawfully collected and grown.
- This section is non-competitive and is not judged. Exhibitor is limited to a 10′ x 10′ tent space with a 6-foot table cover and 2 chairs unless previous arrangements have been made.
Section A – EDUCATIONAL EXHIBITS
Section B – CORONADO COMMUNITY
SECTION C – MEN’S CREATIONS
Chair: Judy & Doug Clarke
Section is NON COMPETITIVE. JUDGED BY POPULAR VOTE ONLY
Special Exhibits is a non-competitive exhibit, judged by popular vote only, and is a chance for men to highlight their humor, political satire, showcase their military pride, or demonstrate their love of their favorite club or organization or even bid farewell to the Chargers. Each exhibit must be titled and include some sort of plant material, consisting of fresh or dried flowers, fruits, or vegetables.
The theme of this year’s Men’s Creations is A Few Leaves Short of a Full Branch. Adherence to the suggested theme is optional. While humor is indeed encouraged, registrants are reminded to use good taste as well as to ensure that entries are appropriate, exhibiting no personal or vindictive attacks on anyone, especially community members.
There is no fee to enter.
HOURS FOR ENTRIES
Section D – YOUTH
Sponsored and Staffed by the Coronado Junior Woman’s Club; Kari McPherson & Julia Ellestad, Co-Chairs
Hand-Tied Bouquets: Rhonda Queen, Bridge and Bay Garden Club
YOUTH SECTION RULES
- Exhibitors may submit one entry for each category in their age group. All entries must be the work of the individual exhibitor. There is no fee to register.
- All exhibits will be judged by grade levels. Flowers in arrangements need not be homegrown. Best-in-section winners judged by section regardless of grade levels.
- Register entries in the Youth Section on Friday, from 4 to 6pm or Saturday, from 7 to 9:30am. Additional and nonconforming entries may be displayed on the exhibition table in the Youth Section.
- Entries and/or awards must be picked up between 4 and 4:30pm. on Sunday, or they will be discarded