I’m a Coronado native who moved away after High School, graduated from the U. S. Naval Academy, toured the world while a Naval Aviator, and then had a successful career working inside the beltway in Washington, D.C. In 2001, after my time serving in the Navy, I returned to my Coronado hometown.
I love most everything Coronado, and my volunteering evolves around my hobbies and favorite activities. My desire is to give back to this wonderful community I call home. Here’s where I’ve pitched-in to make a difference:
- Involved with the Coronado Flower Show since 2002.
- Chairman of the Home Front Judging Committee since 2006.
- Life Member of the Coronado Floral Association.
- Nationally qualified Flower Show Judge since 2009.
- Board member on the Coronado Historic Association for three years.
- Sea ‘N Air Men’s Golf Club Board of Governors since 2002.
- Coronado Golf Course Advisory Committee for twelve years.
- Co-founder of the Islander Beer Club now thirteen years old.
- President of the Coronado Floral Association for two years.
- With the Islander Ladies Club, I’m a co-founder of the annual Coronado Beer Festival, known as Beer By the Bay.
- Now, last August, I was appointed to the newly created Spreckels Center Advisory Committee.
Volunteering keeps me active and engaged. It provides opportunities to stay industrious and updated. It also enables contact and collaboration with the younger generations.